Offering


Offering Expression

* an expression when we want to offer something to someone.


The following are some expression used to offer, accept, and refused something.
No.

Offering Something

Accepting Something

Refusing something
1.

Do you need an umbrella?

Yes, I do. Thanks!

No, Thanks.
2.

Will you have some fruit?

Yeah, thank you so much.

Thank you for your offer, but I’m stuffed.
3.

Would you like to drink coffee?

Sure, Thank you.

Sorry, I don’t drink coffee.
4.

I have some pents, you may borrow one.

O.K. Thanks!

No need to brother, thanks.


Offering Help
No.

Offering Help

Responses
1.

Can I help you?

Yes, please.
2.

Let me help you with that.

Please don’t bother. I can manage.
3.

Do you need help?

That’s very kind of you.
4.

Can I give you a hand?

No, thanks.
5.

Can I get you something to drink?

No, thank you.


Example the dialog:
Queen: You look very exhausted.
Where are you from dear?
Prince : I've just come back from hunting.
Queen: I see.
Would you like to drink some water?
Prince : Yes, Mother.
Thank you.

In the dialogue, the Queen is offering some thing to her son (the Prince). The Queen says "Now, would you like to drink some water?" to offer something. Meanwhile, the Prince says, "Yes Mother, thank you."


0 Responses So Far: